If you have an undying thirst for travel, combining your work with pleasure will provide the most opportunities to satisfy your wanderlust. Choosing a career in a travel-related industry will deliver exceptional opportunities to travel for free or at reduced costs. Here are three exciting careers to consider if you love to travel.
Cruise Line Worker
The great thing about working on a cruise line is that there is truly a job for every interest. As long as you love being on the sea, a cruise line career is perfect for those people who want to travel and explore. Your home will be in the same place as your job, giving you an easy commute each day and allowing you to save even more money since your room and board is covered. You will also bond with your co-workers and be able to hang out and have fun on your days off. Cruise lines employ people from all over the world, opening you up to new experiences and the opportunity to connect with people from different nationalities and cultures.
While the internet has made it easier than ever to book your own travel, there is still a demand for professional travel agents. This job has less travel opportunities, but if you’re already well-traveled, it can be the perfect way to help others fulfill their dreams of traveling. First, decide what kind of travel agent you want to be. Picking a specialization will help you to hone your trade. Be sure that you are up to date on the latest technology and trends in the industry. There are also a variety of certifications available that will make you more attractive to potential clients.
The travel benefits of being a flight attendant are vast. Not only do you get to travel for free and reduced rates, but many airlines also offer complimentary companion tickets so that your friends and family can travel with you. Flight attendants also enjoy flexible scheduling which allows them to work in more travel into their daily life. Overnight flights allow you to see the world, and get paid to do so! International flights are especially helpful for when you want to incorporate travel for pleasure into your work schedule.
Once you find the right career fit for you, your travel dreams can truly take off. The only thing left to do now is to pack your bags and start the career adventure of a lifetime.
Looking for more Career Ideas? Start reading here.
(BPT) - Virtually everyone struggles with a lack of self-confidence at some point in their lives and it’s perfectly normal to feel unsure of yourself in certain situations. However, if you find a lack of confidence is holding you back from fully enjoying your personal life, or achieving your professional goals, it may be time to take action.
“There are actually steps you can take to rebuild your confidence, even when you’re struggling to feel self-assured,” says Susie Moore, a motivational speaker, best-selling author and life coach. “Confidence is a real-life super power that affects every aspect of your life, from your relationships to your career and social life, but it’s also more attainable than you think."
Moore shares tips on how you can be your most confident self and live a fulfilled, unconditional life:
* Tap the power of words and positive thinking by starting every day with an uplifting mantra. Positive self-talk such as “I am loveable. I am worthy. I am enough” can help boost confidence levels. Make a conscious decision to be more kind and gentle with yourself every day.
* Practice a strong pose and smile to help enhance your sense of confidence. Confidence is all about attitude. Making these small physical changes can immediately impact how self-assured you feel in any situation.
* Make self-care non-negotiable. Take time to listen to your body and give it what it needs to help you feel confident. For example, millions of men and women experience bladder leakage, but products like Depend FIT-FLEX Underwear, which are designed to move with your body while offering trusted protection, can help you think less about leaks. That’s energy you can devote to better things, like reconnecting with the people and parts of your life you’ve been missing.
* Keep your mind and body active. Being busy leaves you little time to overthink, so fill your life with activities you enjoy. Yoga, visiting friends, reading, cooking, going for walks or even organizing your closet all count!
* Speak with intention. The way you talk impacts your mood, your confidence and how other people perceive you. When you use verbiage like “I’ll try” or “I don’t think I can,” you’re really allowing yourself permission to feel unconfident. Instead, build confidence and commitment with statements like “I will” and “I know I can.”
* Don’t overcomplicate things or allow yourself to be distracted by unimportant things. Focus on your daily objectives and long-term goals by cultivating a clear and positive vision of how you want your life to be.
* Listen to, but don’t heed negative opinions of others. Your positive attitude and vision are more important than anyone else’s negative thoughts.
* Be sure to reserve time and energy for your own priorities. Busy lives mean we can get bogged down with commitments to others, and while those things are important, it’s vital to take care of yourself and your own priorities first. Build your schedule around the time you need for your own goals and let everything else fit in around that.
"Confidence is an almost-magical quality that can help you lead your best, most fulfilled life and — more importantly — it's in your grasp!" Moore says. Check out how Depend FIT-FLEX Underwear is helping real people feel confident and request a sample at www.Depend.com.
Interested in Publishing on The Career IDEA?
Send your query to the Publisher today!
Get this content for your website with our RSS Feed below!