Indoor fitness is poised to flourish, with more and more of us seeking options to stay fit all year long. Consider taking advantage of these top trends and you’ll enjoying getting active and increasing your wellness.
Indoor fitness is poised to flourish, with more and more of us seeking options to stay fit all year long. Consider taking advantage of these top trends and you'll enjoying getting active and increasing your wellness.
(BPT) - Avoiding weather woes this winter? It doesn't mean you need to give up on your fitness goals. Being indoors provides ample opportunity to stay fit, whether you're doing so due to the weather or simply by choice. Check out some of the top trends for indoor fitness in 2020 and challenge yourself to try something new to make yourself happier and healthier.
Missing the greens? If you like to golf, consider heading to an indoor golf simulator that lets you practice your swing without having to pay greens fees or worry about weather. But that's not all indoor simulation can do for fun and fitness lovers. For example, people of all ages and skill levels enjoy playing simulation games at Kohler Swing Studio & Golf Shop. The Topgolf Swing Suite experience boasts a variety of virtual games including the Topgolf target game, Zombie Dodgeball, Hockey Shots, Baseball Pitching Carnival Classic and more.
Indoor fitness classes are always a good idea for getting exercise despite the weather, but today's offerings have evolved so that there's something for everyone, no matter your interest or fitness level. Crave upbeat and energetic? Cycling classes challenge you to keep the pace in a supportive group setting, such as the ones offered at Bold Cycle. Prefer a peaceful way to find your fitness and inner Zen? Explore yoga in a variety of different settings, such as the classes offered at Yoga on the Lake.
Technology-connected exercise machines are trending in 2020, offering people the ability to take live classes at any time from the comfort of their home. For a more affordable option, people are finding their favorite fitness channels online and accessing classes at home. From yoga and dance to circuit training and more, you'll find plentiful options on the internet. Finally, wearable fitness continues to evolve, offering people keen insight into their wellness no matter what indoor fitness activity you choose.
Indoor fitness opportunities are flourishing at resorts across the country, meaning you don't need to travel to a warm climate for an incredible wellness retreat. As a guest of The American Club Carriage House at Destination Kohler, you’ll revel in wellness choices any time of year thanks to the Unlimited Wellness program for Carriage House Guests. From complimentary access to yoga, indoor cycling and fitness to cold-pressed juices and Wellness Concierges, you'll enjoy every minute, mind, body and soul.
Group and family fitness
Adopting a fitness lifestyle is more than just an individual endeavor. In 2020 look for more partners and families to participate in indoor fitness activities together. Whether it's taking a multigenerational class or helping each other work out at home, family fitness is a wonderful way to bond, get healthy and keep everyone accountable. Sign up for that intro class as a couple, make a weekend date for the entire family to exercise together at home or try a fitness vacation together over the next break from school.
Indoor fitness is poised to flourish throughout 2020. Consider taking advantage of these top trends and you'll enjoying getting active and increasing your wellness.
As we age, a simple yet highly effective way to guard against injuries when older is to lead a healthy lifestyle and make the effort to stay fit through the years. This article has simple steps seniors can take to make them surroundings safer - and to be fitter to guard against falls and other common injuries.
As people age, the chances for injuries increase. Fortunately, there are some common sense measures that those approaching their golden years can do to keep safe from falls and other types of accidental injuries. Taking the time to make some easy home safety modifications like adding better lighting and keeping walkways clear of snow and ice can pay off tenfold.
Accident-Proof Your Home
One of the most important safety measures that can help guard against injuries is to accident-proof your home. Even small changes around the house can help you prevent injury and falls. The bathroom is a common place where seniors become injured. Wet floors, rugs that slip and the usually smaller space can all be hazardous to older adults. Brain Injury Lawyers claim that many of their clients were first injured due to a fall in the bathroom. You should install handrails in your bathroom near your toilet and in your shower to prevent injury.
Another simple yet highly effective way to guard against injuries when older is to lead a healthy lifestyle and make the effort to stay fit through the years. Older adults need to remember that their increased age does put a strain on their bodies and hearts, so seniors should allow extra time to recover after physical activity, a sports event or an exercise workout.
Along with ensuring that you are getting regular exercise that is modified to meet any challenges that might develop, it is important to get enough rest, eat a healthy and nutritious diet and generally avoid overindulging in junk food, alcohol or other unhealthy lifestyle choices.
Take Advantage of Senior Wellness Programs and Perks
One of the good things that comes with getting older is that many businesses, medical offices and other community establishments offer terrific senior discounts and free assistance on everything from senior wellness programs and discounts on prescription drugs to health insurance concierges that help navigate health-related topics and more.
Most communities have a number of senior citizen groups and agencies able to help seniors live a safe life when it comes to locating senior housing options, travel planning, senior programs, advice on senior nursing care, and transportation options.
With some small changes, seniors can lead full and fulfilling lives without injury. Paying attention to your health, staying fit and using commonsense with regards to safety can all help senior citizens avoid falls and serious injuries. Keep regular doctor appointments, and take advantage of senior wellness programs.
Brian Zehetner, Planet Fitness’ Director of Health and Fitness, helps cut through the noise by synthesizing what he sees as five major fitness trends that are likely to make the biggest impact in the future.
(BPT) - When looking ahead to the rest of the year, so many get excited about the latest trends, gadgets or gizmos getting the most attention as they look for what they might be interested in for themselves or their family. The world of health and fitness is an area that is always evolving to the point there’s continuously something new to try, and sometimes it can even reach the point of feeling overwhelming.
Brian Zehetner, Planet Fitness’ Director of Health and Fitness, helps cut through the noise by synthesizing what he sees as five major fitness trends that are on the rise.
1. 30-minute workouts: People are more time-crunched than ever and they want comprehensive and effective workouts that can be done in relatively short time frames. Ideally, these workouts include both a cardio component and a strength component. We may even see more 15- and 20-minute workout programs popping up this year and beyond! Planet Fitness offers an entire 30-minute workout area for those looking to get in and get out, allowing you to get a full-body workout using a mix of weight machines for strength training alternated with steppers for great cardio.
2. Programs geared toward teens and young adults: Expect an influx of youth-oriented workouts and wellness opportunities to come in the near future. With new guidelines from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommending at least 60 minutes of aerobic physical activity for kids every day, we expect to see even more youth, teens and young adults reenergizing their daily activity.
3. Certified training: More and more people are looking to certified trainers to help them not just with exercise form or how to use a machine but help guide them on a plan to stick to for achieving any wellness goals. Planet Fitness has what it calls the PE@PF(R) program, which includes unlimited small group fitness instruction by certified trainers — free and included with all memberships! They are available to provide counsel on individualized exercise plans but with the benefit and motivation of working out as part of a small team with other members.
4. Mindfulness: Fitness and nutrition have always been a happy marriage when it comes to wellness, but let’s not forget about the benefits of mindfulness and meditation as well. This is a critical component of any wellness regimen, too, and there are numerous apps in this space that are growing in popularity. Audio-guided workouts (via apps, podcasts, etc.) are becoming all the rage, too, and that trend is expected to continue.
5. DIY fitness: Our members are requesting more information so they can reach their fitness goals all on their own. People want help, yet see their journey as an independent one, so it’s on us in the industry to provide them with content, guidance and anything else that may help them on their journey. Look for more assistance to come via technology in coming years (e.g., apps, on-demand content, etc.), as well.
Planet Fitness offers memberships for only $10 a month, and a variety of benefits including free small group fitness instruction, brand-name equipment and fully equipped locker rooms. To make the most of your fitness journey and for resources to help you reach your goals, visit planetfitness.com.
Interested in Publishing on The Fitness Idea?
Send your query to the Publisher today!