Between work, school and extracurricular activities, schedules can be crazy, and setting aside time to exercise is often difficult. To help build easy, long-term fitness habits and set yourself up for a successful year of healthy living, consider these tips.
3 Tips for a Successful 2019 and Beyond
(Family Features) The demands of today’s always-connected culture can make finding balance in life nearly impossible. Between work, school and extracurricular activities, schedules can be crazy, and setting aside time to exercise is often difficult.
For Performance Enhancement Specialist Emily Hutchins, balance is key to seeing hard work turn into lifelong, healthy habits.
“Whether my clients are striving to lose those last couple pounds or completing their 100th marathon, the most important thing to me is that they're on track to a long life of great health,” Hutchins said.
To help build easy, long-term fitness habits and set yourself up for a successful year of healthy living, Hutchins recommends these tips.
Hutchins recommends low-fat chocolate milk after a tough workout to help repair, rebuild and refuel muscles. With natural, high-quality protein to build lean muscle, fluids and electrolytes to replace what you lose in sweat, calcium for strong bones and the right carb-to-protein ratio to refuel exhausted muscles, chocolate milk is the real deal for real recovery.
Relax and Unwind
It takes real work day-in and day-out to build healthy habits that can benefit you long-term. Setting goals, recovering properly and taking care of your mind and body can jumpstart a better and stronger you. For more information on the benefits of recovering with chocolate milk, visit builtwithchocolatemilk.com.
Photo courtesy of Getty ImagesSOURCE:
(BPT) - When looking ahead to the rest of the year, so many get excited about the latest trends, gadgets or gizmos getting the most attention as they look for what they might be interested in for themselves or their family. The world of health and fitness is an area that is always evolving to the point there’s continuously something new to try, and sometimes it can even reach the point of feeling overwhelming.
Brian Zehetner, Planet Fitness’ Director of Health and Fitness, helps cut through the noise by synthesizing what he sees as five major fitness trends that are likely to make the biggest impact in 2019:
1. 30-minute workouts: People are more time-crunched than ever and they want comprehensive and effective workouts that can be done in relatively short time frames. Ideally, these workouts include both a cardio component and a strength component. We may even see more 15- and 20-minute workout programs popping up this year and beyond! Planet Fitness offers an entire 30-minute workout area for those looking to get in and get out, allowing you to get a full-body workout using a mix of weight machines for strength training alternated with steppers for great cardio.
2. Programs geared toward teens and young adults: Expect an influx of youth-oriented workouts and wellness opportunities in 2019. With new guidelines from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommending at least 60 minutes of aerobic physical activity for kids every day, we expect to see even more youth, teens and young adults reenergizing their daily activity.
3. Certified training: More and more people are looking to certified trainers to help them not just with exercise form or how to use a machine but help guide them on a plan to stick to for achieving any wellness goals. Planet Fitness has what it calls the PE@PF(R) program, which includes unlimited small group fitness instruction by certified trainers — free and included with all memberships! They are available to provide counsel on individualized exercise plans but with the benefit and motivation of working out as part of a small team with other members.
4. Mindfulness: Fitness and nutrition have always been a happy marriage when it comes to wellness, but let’s not forget about the benefits of mindfulness and meditation in 2019. This is a critical component of any wellness regimen, too, and there are numerous apps in this space that are growing in popularity. Audio-guided workouts (via apps, podcasts, etc.) are becoming all the rage, too, and that trend is expected to continue in 2019.
5. DIY fitness: Our members are requesting more information so they can reach their fitness goals all on their own. People want help, yet see their journey as an independent one, so it’s on us in the industry to provide them with content, guidance and anything else that may help them on their journey. Look for more assistance to come via technology in 2019 (e.g., apps, on-demand content, etc.), as well.
Planet Fitness offers memberships for only $10 a month, and a variety of benefits including free small group fitness instruction, brand-name equipment and fully equipped locker rooms. To make the most of your fitness journey in 2019 and for resources to help you reach your goals, visit planetfitness.com.
(BPT) - Imagine waking up early on a Monday morning with a smile on your face. You’re excited to get the week started because you love what you do. Or how about taking a Tuesday afternoon all to yourself, without having to ask permission and use your precious vacation time? It might sound like a dream, but with a career in fitness, it could be your reality.
A career in fitness is not only flexible, but financially rewarding, and caters to a variety of personalities. The fitness industry is booming, so there’s plenty of opportunities to grow and be successful with your very own business. If you’ve been on the fence about a career in the fitness industry, here are some reasons that might convince you to finally make the switch.
Make a living by helping others.
“I love nothing more than using the research based, scientifically proven approach I have learned through my education to help others accomplish their goals,” says Heather Esterline, a graduate of Life Time Academy, a professional fitness trainer program that lets you step into the industry and build upon your career goals. Working in the fitness industry is highly rewarding as you help people improve their health. You have the opportunity to be an important mentor and trusted friend in every client’s life.
See tangible results when working with clients.
As you work with clients and watch them reach their goals, you can see the results of your knowledge and expertise. Whether you’re helping someone lose weight, gain muscle or simply learn the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, you’ll be rewarded as each client continues to make progress.
Choose your specialty.
Whether you want to be a personal trainer, group fitness instructor, yoga teacher or even a health club owner, you have the chance to choose your focus. No matter how you want to enter the fitness industry, there’s a class or program to pave your path. Life Time Fitness’ personal training certification program offers several different courses and passes to help you earn the credentials you need to get your career off the ground. The Life Time Academy has two different certification courses that start on October 17 — the Premier and Elite Certification courses. During the Elite Professional Fitness Trainer Courses, participants not only become certified throughout the 24-week course, but also get hands on experience during an externship consisting of 120 hours, altogether equaling 260 contact hours. If learning the foundations of personal training and corrective exercise is more of your interest, the Premier Professional Fitness Trainer Course may be better for you, lasting 16 weeks and 120 contact hours.
Work with a variety of people in many places.
When you have a career in fitness, you’re not sitting in an office, having meetings with the same coworkers every day. From personal trainer to health club owner, there are so many opportunities for working in this field. You can be self-employed, work with a team or even establish your own business and employ a staff. Whether you want to work indoors or out, choose your environment, your schedule and enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
It's one of the fastest growing careers.
Positive vibes and low stress make personal training one of the top rated professions by CNN Money Magazine. And it doesn’t take long for your personal training career to skyrocket. For example, Jason Sweetnam, personal trainer and team weight loss instructor for Life Time Fitness, was 250 pounds and living an unhealthy lifestyle when he decided to begin his fitness journey. He decided to improve his health and is now a working full-time helping others get their fitness and nutrition on track.
Are you looking for a career change that allows you to be passionate about your work? If any of these reasons speak to you, then it might be time to break into the fitness industry.
Interested in Publishing on The Health Idea?
Send your query to the Publisher today!