(BPT) - "Date night" is an activity people typically look forward to with great anticipation. The good news is, your plans don't have to be elaborate for evenings together to turn out romantic and fun.
Sometimes the most-satisfying date nights are the relaxing evenings spent at home with the one you love, while enjoying a simple meal you've prepared with each other. For planning your next dinner rendezvous, here are five great reasons to put seafood on the menu.
* Seafood is a healthier dinner option. Seafood and other lean meats both average about 45 calories per ounce, but seafood usually contains more "good fats" that have been shown to lower cholesterol and your risk of heart disease. Many types of seafood, such as salmon, also are rich in vitamin B-12, which supports your metabolism and neurological functioning.
* Seafood offers plenty of flavor possibilities. Far beyond what beef or chicken might have to offer, seafood provides an ocean of flavor choices. Start your date night with shrimp - America's favorite seafood - and then move on to crab cakes or lobster if you're looking to really impress. Or, if fish is more to your liking, salmon, flounder, or tuna can all be prepared in a variety of ways.
* A dish to match your evening. Date night is what you make of it. You could go casual with shrimp cocktail or pasta, or you can make it a more-formal affair, accompanied by a fine wine. Whatever type of evening you plan, there's a seafood dish to match.
* Seafood's a cinch to prepare. No need to spend an entire evening preparing something complicated. A quick visit to the frozen food aisle will help you get cooking with brands like SeaPak offering effortless meal solutions to help make date night a breeze. For more recipe inspiration and ideas, head to SeaPak.com.
* You can get creative. To prepare a tasty seafood dish, the only limit is your imagination. Once you decide what you're in the mood for, you can find a seafood option to match. For example, this Shrimp Diavolo recipe is sure to seduce your taste buds.
Whatever path you choose, the food should match the mood when it comes to your date night menu. For an unforgettable, relaxing evening together, don't forget to add seafood to the mix.
Interested in Publishing on The Food IDEA?
Send your query to the Publisher today!