If you’ve ever opened your closet doors and been depressed by what you see, it may be time to rethink your closet. Treating yourself to your dream closet and introducing a new level of organization can help provide a fresh perspective. To get started on your closet makeover, consider these tips.
3 Tips to Create Your Dream Closet
(Family Features) If you’ve ever opened your closet doors and been depressed by what you see, it may be time to rethink your closet.
In fact, according to a One Poll survey on behalf of ClosetMaid, 57 percent of women admitted having an organized closet would make finding what they’re looking for faster and easier while 3 out of 10 said an organized closet would make mornings less stressful.
However, treating yourself to your dream closet and introducing a new level of organization can help alleviate those worries and provide a fresh perspective. To get started on your closet makeover, consider these tips:
Assess Your Needs
Make Your Dream a Reality
Customize Your Space
With your dream closet complete, the only thing left to worry about is keeping it in tip-top shape. For more closet makeover tips and solutions, visit ClosetMaid.com.SOURCE:
(BPT) - Pull back the drapes, crack open the window and let in the warm, sun-soaked air. That’s right, spring is right around the corner and that means it’ll soon be time to chase away the grime and odors that have settled in over the long winter.
For many, spring cleaning is something of a tradition, a ritual. But things have changed. The days of dipping an old mop into a tin bucket filled with gray water belong to another era. In the age of smart cars and smartphones, cleaning has become smarter as well.
Here are a few smart innovations that will make your spring cleaning routine much more efficient and thorough.
1. Freshen up your style. A change in seasons is the perfect time to change up your wardrobe. Take advantage of this transitional period to purge items you haven’t worn in 12 months or more — be honest with yourself! When you’re free of unnecessary items, indulge in a trip to a specialty store offering storage and organization products to uncover new space-saving solutions. Unsure of what to get rid of? If a beloved item just needs a little love, run it through a steam-powered clothing care system like the LG Styler or delicates cycle in the LG TWINWash system — both certified by AAFA as asthma and allergy friendly(R) — to see if it’s salvageable.
2. Breathe easy. It’s easy to spend the lion's share of your time trying to tackle the stains, dust and smudges in your home. However, one of the most important parts of your home to clean is the part you can’t see. We’re talking about air quality, of course. Opening windows and placing plants around your home is a good way to start, but if you really want to get serious, put an LG PuriCare Air Purifier to work. With sensors to monitor the air quality, this cutting-edge purifier is certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, and is perfect for anyone who suffers from allergies.
3. Multitask like never before. By now, most of us are familiar with robot vacuums. Having one of these zoom around your home on cleaning days frees you up to do other things, saving you time and making manual vacuuming a thing of the past. Over the years, the technology has advanced so that nowadays these nifty cleaning assistants are quieter than ever before — some even come equipped with a camera to monitor your home while you're away!
4. Use the power of light. The battle against germs is a year-round endeavor. This spring, instead of repeating the old routine of a rag and some harsh cleaner, which often can spread more germs than it kills, try a UV sanitizing wand. These simple devices use a powerful ultraviolet light to kill odor-causing bacteria and germs on hard surfaces. It’s the same technology used in many hospitals and is perfect for bathrooms, kitchens, even cleaning your kids’ toys.
5. Let your appliances do more work. Have you ever wondered whether your oven, dishwasher and refrigerator could be doing a little more to reach their full potential? If so, you probably have yet to use the new generation of smart appliances. LG’s line of SmartThinQ appliances are Wi-Fi enabled, allowing you to monitor dishwashing and laundry cycles, remotely clean the oven or even check the air quality at home from your phone or computer while you are out of the house.
Far from being a chore, spring cleaning is a celebration, a chance to chase away the stuffiness of winter and bring a fresh, revitalizing feeling into your house. With the help of new technology, it’s even easier to get a start on this season of growth and regeneration.
The bathroom is a functional space where you can bathe, get ready for the day and take care of business. However, the bathroom can be so much more than that: it can offer a place to destress, relax and recharge before taking on the morning or after conquering a long day. These tips and tricks help you transform your bathroom into a spa-like oasis without undergoing a major renovation.
Transform Your Bathroom into the Ultimate Paradise
(Family Features) Many people spend a lot of time in the bathroom. It’s a functional space where you can bathe, get ready for the day and take care of business. However, the bathroom can be so much more than that: it can offer a place to destress, relax and recharge before taking on the morning or after conquering a long day.
Now you can escape to your own paradise without leaving home. These simple tips and tricks from lifestyle and parenting expert Jordan Reid of Ramshackle Glam can help you transform your bathroom into a spa-like oasis without undergoing a major renovation.
Photo courtesy of Sue HudelsonSOURCE:
Spring is a time for renewal and awakenings. It’s also the perfect time to take your cues from Mother Nature and devise a plan to reduce and reimagine your way to a refreshing, updated home you can fully enjoy once more.
5 Ways to Refresh Your Home for Spring
(Family Features) Spring is a time for renewal and awakenings. It’s also the perfect time to take your cues from Mother Nature and devise a plan to reduce and reimagine your way to a refreshing, updated home you can fully enjoy once more.
Reorganize cluttered areas
Eliminate the extras
Get rid of grime
Revise for real life
Discover new decor
Photo courtesy of Getty ImagesSOURCE:
(BPT) - If you’re planning to tackle a home decorating project this year, here are the top trends you should consider:
1. Marble wallpaper: A lot of the 2017 trends are about going back to classic styles, and it doesn’t get much more classic than marble. Few materials evoke high-end living as simply and effectively as marble, a global symbol of refined taste and sophistication. Marble was a big trend in 2016, and it looks like it’s here to stay. With faux-effect materials and faux-marble wallpapers such as this beauty from Murals Your Way growing in popularity, you can count on the soft, subdued design to be a top pick for accent walls, powder rooms, kitchens and more. It’s a seriously impressive way to dress up your walls!
2. Deep blues: Though black has long been a decorating darling, designers are now recruiting deep blues for their go-to power hue. It's a bit more approachable than pure black, and it has a lovely nautical vibe when used in conjunction with materials like rope, brass and wood. Navy velvet couches are a popular way to incorporate the color into your home. And if you want to keep your space light, wallpaper with blue accents is a great solution. Whether you go for indigo, cobalt, navy or some other blue hue, a dramatic, deep blue color will add interest to your space.
3. Acrylic everything: Acrylic was a trend that picked up steam in 2016 and will keep going strong this year. Because most acrylic is clear, it works with almost any type of design style or color scheme. Acrylic furniture pieces and accessories have been around for years, but they primarily came in very modern shapes that wouldn’t work well in a more traditional home. All of that has changed, and now you can find the best of both worlds with this more modern material being used in furniture with traditional designs. Bring acrylic into your space by choosing a larger piece, such as this coffee table from Wisteria, or simply use smaller accessories, such as an acrylic floating frame. Whether it’s a coffee table or floating frame, acrylic accents and accessories are this year’s clear
favorite for adding a gleaming finish to a space.
4. Farmhouse chic: Reclaimed wood, aged metals and distressed details are showing up everywhere in interior design and are not going anywhere in 2017. Farmhouse chic decor is a spin on the classic farmhouse style with an added soft elegance. Classic shapes, rustic simplicity and natural materials celebrate country-inspired charm, while soft and cozy neutrals evoke a luxurious and chic style.
5. Greenery: Named the 2017 Pantone color of the year, greenery is meant to represent refreshment, revitalization and our connection to nature. It seems to be an instant hit for those looking for a back-to-nature hue that brings zest while still managing to work with warm wood tones. Greenery is an attention-grabbing color, and it can be used to add pop and contrast to the overall interior. The earthy tone is a welcome complement to some of the more neutral hues that have gained prominence in the past year.
6. Forget hygge: This year is all about lagom: The year 2016 was about reaching the highest level of coziness and comfort, an outlook encapsulated by the Danish term hygge (pronounced hoo-ga). Now there’s an even more sustainable and enjoyable lifestyle we’ll all be wanting in 2017: lagom. It’s a simple Swedish philosophy on everyday life that means "just the right amount." The lagom home strikes the perfect balance between minimalism and cluttered, resulting in a clean, calm space that is also warm and inviting. This Swedish concept of “not too much, not too little” may just dominate in 2017.
Interested in Publishing on The Home Idea?
Send your query to the Publisher today!