Puppies don’t just make great best friends; they’re also awesome (and adorable) workout buddies. It’s important for both humans and pups to stay active, so these are six ways to stay fit while also working on owner and puppy bonding.
6 Ways to Stay Fit with Your Pup
(Family Features) Puppies don’t just make great best friends; they’re also awesome (and adorable) workout buddies. It’s important for both humans and pups to stay active, so the Pedigree brand is sharing fun, interactive tips and hilariously cute videos with fitness inspiration, perfect for owner/puppy bonding.
While you’re focused on keeping in shape, it’s important to also keep diet top of mind. A complete and balanced diet with a dog food that provides the proper nutrition, like Pedigree dog food, is needed for any pet, and especially important for puppies as they’re growing.
1. Canines on the Court – Let your pup play doggie defense in a game of backyard basketball. Dribble the ball around and watch your puppy opponent have the time of his life trying to steal the ball again and again. Check out the pup-letes in this video for some inspiration.
Photo courtesy of Fotolia
2. Group Pup-Dates – If you’re meeting up with friends for some outdoor fun, don’t forget to bring your pooch, too. You and your pals can break a sweat chasing your pets around, and the pups will get to expel some energy, socialize with their fellow pup-letes and create their own canine games.
3. Fetch Takes the Field – Give your usual game of fetch a soccer spin by kicking a soccer ball outside while your pup chases after it. He’ll love chasing after the moving target. Watch the sneaky pup-letes in this video looking to give their opponents a penalty.
4. Nama-Sit, Nama-Stay – Recent studies have found that owning a dog has an array of health benefits for both the minds and bodies of dog owners. Try out a relaxing and fun bonding experience with your four-legged friend by practicing the art of “doga” (dog yoga). At the very least, you’ll have fun trying new poses with your pup.
5. Race to the Finish – Let your pup run at top speed to see if he can beat you in a foot race. You might need to just let him win, especially if he has tiny legs like the all-star racing pit crew in this video.
6. Walk It Out – At the end of the day, there’s nothing like a good, old-fashioned walk. Keep it fun and interesting for you and your pup by taking walks outside of your neighborhood every once in a while. Find a new trail or a local lake to stroll around. Your puppy will love taking in all the new sights and smells.
Interested in Publishing on The Pet Idea?
Send your query to the Publisher today!